FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy XIII

+5
Shekinah
Eternity
The Melancholy Spirit
Sunwolf007
Sighlent
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Final Fantasy XIII Empty Final Fantasy XIII

Post by Sighlent Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:23 pm

Who all is playing it and what are you thoughts on the game so far? Of course, I have it. And I LOVE it. Sazh is currently my favorite characters all be cause he has a chocobo in his fro...not to mention he's so funny at times. Lightning seems like kinda a bitch. Vanille's voice annoys me. And Hope is EMO.

Those are my current thoughts on the matter. Very Happy
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

http://jennibou.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIII Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIII

Post by Sunwolf007 Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:24 pm

Just thought I would stop by and blame you for whats about to happen. See after reading this topic I went out and purchased the new final fantasy game because I have been a fan ever since I play FF7 (back in the day). Now I bet I am going to play this game nonstop for a while and cause my grades to plummet. Laughing Ok so I will make sure that doesn't happen but there goes all my free time. I will let you know what I think once I have played the game a few hours. From what I hear though it's going to be pretty sweet.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Location : Greater Grand Rapids area, US of A ( last time I checked)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:32 pm

Sunwolf007 wrote:Just thought I would stop by and blame you for whats about to happen. See after reading this topic I went out and purchased the new final fantasy game because I have been a fan ever since I play FF7 (back in the day). Now I bet I am going to play this game nonstop for a while and cause my grades to plummet. Laughing Ok so I will make sure that doesn't happen but there goes all my free time. I will let you know what I think once I have played the game a few hours. From what I hear though it's going to be pretty sweet.

Oh believe me. It's totally worth wasting your time over. XD
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:47 pm

Zomg!
I love all the characters!
Even Hope the Emo.

How far are you Sigh cause they get pretty damn kick ass later on in the game.

:3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:58 pm

Crying or Very sad

My wife will leave me and take my son if I get this game!!!!!!!!

Not really...but it won't be good... I've spent 13 years playing FF7, and if this game is even close to being as good as 7...I'm screwed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:14 pm

Anaris wrote:Zomg!
I love all the characters!
Even Hope the Emo.

How far are you Sigh cause they get pretty damn kick ass later on in the game.

At the start of Chapter 6 on Disc 2.
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:03 pm

I'm on chapter 7 in PlaumPolum.

I'm loving the story so far.

And yes, Sazh's Chocobo rawks my socks.
^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:06 pm

Ok totally terrible with the names but so far I like all the characters I have met (on the box it said I would get 6 characters I have 5 right now). I like the little cheerleader personality girl with the voice that changes pitch ever 5 seconds. I find it hilarious that they put the whole awkward teenage growth spurt thing in there through her voice. Next favorite is the Afro dude with the Chocobo in his fro. That dude rocks and has some of my favorite lines yet. "I got these, I might as well use 'em." That and the guy who runs around claiming to be a hero is incredibly entertaining to watch. I can't wait until the game stops setting up the realm and developing the characters. I am still early in the game so far but am really digging it!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:23 pm

Sunwolf007 wrote:Ok totally terrible with the names but so far I like all the characters I have met (on the box it said I would get 6 characters I have 5 right now). I like the little cheerleader personality girl with the voice that changes pitch ever 5 seconds. I find it hilarious that they put the whole awkward teenage growth spurt thing in there through her voice. Next favorite is the Afro dude with the Chocobo in his fro. That dude rocks and has some of my favorite lines yet. "I got these, I might as well use 'em." That and the guy who runs around claiming to be a hero is incredibly entertaining to watch. I can't wait until the game stops setting up the realm and developing the characters. I am still early in the game so far but am really digging it!

The peppy cheerleader you speak of is Vanille, sure she seems all great and everything in the beginning but I'm on Chapter 6 and I'm REALLY beginning to wonder about her.

The Afro dude, lolz, is Sazh and he still to this point in the game remains my favorite just because as you've stated he has some of the best lines.

And then Snow is the final guy you speak of who runs around claiming to be everyone's hero.

Don't worry the story line is slow to develop but it gets better as you go along. Very Happy
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:18 pm

I figured it would. Development of plot wise this game reminds me a lot of FFX which is way up there on my list of favorite RPG games. Like in FFX they show you the world first so you get used to it then get along with more plot and character focus. Plus once you get all the tutorials out of the way it becomes a lot more fun. From what I can tell the story is narrated like FFX was. Tidus was the narrator in that game while it seems that Vanille (Cheerleader with teenage voice change every 5 seconds and a suppressed British accent) is the one narrating this game. I am wondering how similar this game is going to be to FFX because I would really like it a lot if it kept up this similarity. Very Happy
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:06 pm

Oh my gawd guys.
There is sooo much I wanna tell you guys but I can't!

D:

I'm on chapter 9 and there are only 13....
You need to catch up!

XD

The plot twists are going to blow your minds!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:33 pm

I'm almost done with Chapter 7 I think so I'm not too far behind you! XD
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:52 pm

Yeah. Way back on Chapter 4 still. I do like how it keeps rotating characters in and out of the story though. Everyone gets face time then. I should really work on my paper. Laughing
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:54 pm

Nah.
You aren't too far behind Sigh.
At least now now.
lol.

I've got a few hours to play before the hubby is home.
XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:33 pm

LMAO. Yeah I love that too Sunwolf! Each character gets to tell their story rather just one character and it just keeps getting better and better! Although I have to say, that this world is utterly depressing. Sad
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:20 pm

I like the character pair ups. They play off each other very well when split up. The world is depressing but (I am guessing) that is what a community is like in a state of war of annihilation. I like that type of realism in the game.
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:27 pm

Anaris HELP me! I'm stuck on Sahz's eidolon and it pisses me off cause I always run out of time on the Doom Clock! Advice?
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:45 pm

Well I just got through that fight (after failing 3 times and looking it up online). What I did is I started out with Sahz in synergist and Vanille in sabotage and stat up/down for a few turns. Then I had them both as ravagers because magic does way more damage than physical attacks. I also set up for Vanille to heal while Sahz attacked as a ravager. It still came down to a bit of luck as well. Hope this helps and good luck!
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:48 pm

Yeah I finally got through it. After like...2 days of trying! XD
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:12 pm

Aww!

Sorry I wasn't here to help!

Yeah...You'll hate Fang's Ediolon.
D:

I've got everyones except Vanille's.
> 3<

On chapter 11 and working my way on up!
I'm stuck at one part that is killing me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunwolf007 Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:17 pm

Right now I am slowing down to try and complete some of the crystarium levels for my characters. My goal is to have it complete before it gets expanded again. At least that has been my goal for a while. Except I can never get enough points for Vanille and Sahz. They just don't run into the stuff like the other guys do. Trying to make up for that in this part. I am just beginning chapter 9 so I am catching up! Laughing
Sunwolf007
Sunwolf007
Wraith
Wraith

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:43 pm

Awesome!

Yeah, I'm free roaming and battling all sorts of stuff to level up my guys Crystarium.
Of course, its expanded to Stage 8 so its rather difficult at times.
D:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sighlent Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:31 pm

I probably need to start doing that so I don't get my ass kicked later on. :O
Sighlent
Sighlent
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Am I the only one who thinks Sazh would have looked cooler with long. thin dreads? Like Tin Tin, from The Crow, for instance?
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:20 pm

He would've. I've played a ton of hours into the game, but school is keeping me from going on and beating it just yet. It might take me a month at this rate, which sucks! I have Sazh's Eidolon, as well as Lightning and Snow's. I am waiting for Vanille's and Hope's, and Fang's looks fun too.

I'm in Chapter 9 I think. I'm on the ship Palamecia (I think that's what they called it. Good game. Interesting battle system, though FFX's battle system was my favorite.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:09 pm

Chapter 10 Eternity and I agree about Sazh.

Vanille is the last to get her Eidolon.
>_<

I've got everyone's but hers.
Fangs was the hardest one so far.
He chains attacks like theres no tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eternity Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:39 pm

by the way, my thoughts on characters.

Lightning: Lightning is made to be "like" Cloud. And she is, too much so in my thoughts. There is one small snippet of dialogue where I believe she paraphrases something Cloud said, if not having said it word for word. Also, she's way too shut off, and kind of a bitch. Then she goes all motherly on Hope, which is odd. Anyways. I find that she's rather gorgeous, but not extremely so to my tastes of video game vixens. Lightning's expression is solemn, which I like, but I don't like the pink hair. Jeez. Pink + Bitch Attitude = Lightning.

Snow: Snow is awesome. He's hot, he shouldn't date little underage Kairi wanna-be Serah, he should be going after grown-folks. He's funny, got a six pack, and has stubble without a nest on his face. Thus, I love him. Said and done.

Sazh: Is my favorite character. Love the depth, that he has a kid, he's hilarious, and he's got a fro with a chocobo chick in it. How cool is that?!?! Jeez, really. He's really got a lot of depth I feel, and fleshes out more than the rest of the characters thus far in the story.

Vanille: Annoys the shit out of me with her voice. Who acted her? Like a heroine-addicted midget cheerleader. For f***'s sake! She's a little likable after a while though. Eh...

Hope: Is emo. He looks way too much like Tidus, acts like him too. He's also sooooo damn weak! Whenever I have a slightly challenging fight, and control someone OTHER than him, man, he's like an egg in a blender. Shit, I hate that.

Fang: Fang is pretty cool. I find her attire and attitude just downright badass. Her accent far better suits with her voice than Vanille's. She's also a good fighter, but when I find her weapons they require exp out the ASS to level up, which sucks some Narnia-sized nookies.
Eternity
Eternity
Corporeal Spirit
Corporeal Spirit

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Shekinah Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:59 am

I had already created a thread with this subject Wink

Anyway:

Sazh is by far one of my favourite chars. Like Eternity said, I love the fact he has a kid, though he's not the first character to have one (Barrett ring a bell?) but he's far more humanlike than that badass gunarmed dude Razz

Vanille can't seem to decide where she's from: England, America, Australia or Japan. To quote Gamespot: superbubbly voice. Annoying little brat who should commit suicide together with...

...Hope the emo guy that I start to hate every time I play, more and more. I read in a review about the game that the creators had tried their best to avoid cliché and stereotype characters, well I see how that backfired because suddenly there is Hope...

Snow is awesome. I like the damage he deals with just his fists and isn't he kind of the man a girl wants to have? I mean, like how he protects his girl, does anything for her and always has faith in her? I also like his somewhat adroit and seemingly careless personality, as he (imo) does know what Hopes (also JUST TELL IT ALREADY YOU WHINY LITTLE BRAT!) want to tell him, but he doesn't seem too affected by it because he knows what the deal is.

Lightning ... oh well.

I do think it's a shame there are no towns though. Even though I know why there aren't any (they're public enemies number one, would be kinda weird if they'd be able to walk in just any town and any store to do and buy whatever) and if they're truly going to create a part two (as they said, they're in for it and probably will do so if the sales are positive enough) I'd like to be able to follow a somewhat more different story line with your splitted party members than you can do now. You know, with other goals and other missions. I do like the fact that you get split up though. I mean, they're not all in it because of their own free will and staying behind or choosing not to go along with someone is a very logical consequence of that fact. In those little details lies the fact that Square Enix truly gave more depth and thought and development to their characters than they ever did before. Also, it's no longer about this superhumanlikedude who has to save the world no matter what. No, this game is more of a personal drama and everyone's there for a better reason than to just aid the one who has to save the world, with added little useless reasons to cover up that fact.

I still have to adjust to the game though. I feel exactly like I felt when I first played 12: as if this isn't really Final Fantasy. I dunno how to explain, but the games up to 10/10-2 seemed more in line with each other.

I enjoy the battle system, because it's fast paced and even though your health gets restored at the start of every battle and even though the use of a potion goes for your whole party, it still has a true challenge to it because it's so fast paced. Think too long about a decision to make, and you're dead (assuming you face a good enough enemy to do just that Razz)

AND WHERE ARE THE DAMN MOOGLES?!!!
Shekinah
Shekinah
Ghost
Ghost

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Melancholy Spirit Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:23 pm

Shekinah wrote:AND WHERE ARE THE DAMN MOOGLES?!!!

~raises his hand and points to Shekinah's title~

I saw that coming...
The Melancholy Spirit
The Melancholy Spirit
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:21 pm

You get the Moogle shop...but thats about it with Moogles.
> 3<

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next