FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corvine Mental Institute Psychological Horror Interest Check

4 posters

Go down

Corvine Mental Institute Psychological Horror Interest Check Empty Corvine Mental Institute Psychological Horror Interest Check

Post by Byron Huxeley Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:57 pm

I would like to begin a game which takes place in modern times in an insane asylum called Corvine Mental Institute. There are two paths which the players must opt to take:

1. They may chose to be an inpatient which has arrived at Corvine and develop their own stories as they explore their inner psyche, as well as the hidden phantasmagoric secrets the ancient institute holds.
2. They may choose to be part of the staff and interact with the patients, other staff members and at the same time attempt to unravel the history of Corvine.

This game will be intensely psychological. I would encourage the players to interact extensively not only with the other characters, but with themselves as well- it would be interesting to see a profound psychology emerge from each of the individual players.

The players themselves are not the only points of interest. Corvine itself has a unique history which the residents will soon discover through the intense dreams they suffer as well as the bizarre waking visions. Is it insanity, or has Corvine a life of its own?

Places of interest in Corvine where the players may explore, be it in person or through dreamscape:

1. The Main Institute: the institute is in the middle of a large forest in the northern portion of the United States, three hours from the nearest town. The entirety of the staff lives in Corvine. The building is mid-Victorian in architecture, an old yet beautiful and impressive isolated house. There are several long and winding corridors, tall dirty narrow windows, and beautiful grey stone floors.

2. The Mortuary: And old mortuary (possessed of some modern conveniences) with several small crematoriums along the back wall.

3. The Library: A large library very close to where the staff of Corvine lives. The room has tall walls with two stories of old books, beautifully bound, mostly rare and unusual historical, mystical, psychological and philosophical texts. There are several large red plush Victorian style chairs for friends to gather around and discuss their day’s readings.

4. The Green House: At the back of the establishment is a vast greenhouse or atrium, filled with all manner of odd plant life both poisonous and beautiful. The plants all seem to thrive despite the weak and dim light which trickles through the dark glass.

5. The Cemetery: Behind the asylum lies a small and beautiful cemetery, not all the graves are marked. Perhaps in this serene place, what with the strange names on the tombstones some dating all the way back into the mid 1800’s, the mysteries of Corvine may begin to be unraveled.

6. The Woods: Surrounding Corvine is a thick and lush forest with ancient Oaks and beautiful brooks. Despite its attractive beauty however, few venture into its depths for so many of the dreams begin here, with that unknown presence which always seems to be very close to the dreamer. Another interesting feature of Corvine is the large flock of crows that surrounds it and often reacts to some disturbance in the surrounding woods. In particular is missing one eye, and always seems to be about.

7. The Lake: Just behind the institute is a magnificent lake with impossibly black waters. Is this the source of the fog that nightly comes rolling in, filling the woods with this seemingly preternatural mist?

Character Creation: As the game will depend on psychological development, the initial character generation can be relatively limited.

Name:
Staff or inpatient:
Why is the character at Corvine?:

That ought to suffice for a start.

Byron Huxeley
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Corvine Mental Institute Psychological Horror Interest Check Empty Re: Corvine Mental Institute Psychological Horror Interest Check

Post by Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:05 pm

Oh, my, yes! I'm definitely interested! This sounds like my kind of game! So, do I just express interest here or do you also want me to submit a character profile(or should I wait until the OOC is created to do that?)?

Back to top Go down

Corvine Mental Institute Psychological Horror Interest Check Empty Re: Corvine Mental Institute Psychological Horror Interest Check

Post by Byron Huxeley Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:09 pm

wonderful! Yes please make a character here and we will go from there.

Last edited by Byron Huxeley on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspel)

Byron Huxeley
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Roth Wolfe Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:11 pm

Byron:
Superb start! Needless to say I am thrilled with the idea. It seems to have a great deal of potential. I would like my character to be part of the staff. I can add a lot to the general ambiance with my own first-hand experiences.

Name: Dr. Johannes
Member of the staff, Dr. Johannes, Psychologist, has been at Corvine for not too long, yet has become obsessed with the place, constantly seeking out new parts to the puzzle which is Corvine. Thus far, what has disturbed him utterly is the fact that the seemingly "normal" citizens of the small town will not dare venture anywhere near the place, and when questioned they become almost hostile. His searches thus far have been met with futility, and he hopes that soon he will have more members of the staff to spend evenings of discussions with him... if anything but to assuage the intense dreams which he nightly endures...

Roth Wolfe
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Byron Huxeley Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Jullian Lyne
Perspective member of the staff: Jullian, a recent graduate and currently a starving ex-college student subsisting on red lentils and cheap wine, is in desperate need of work. Jullian chances upon Corvine Mental Institute after an intense dream, where after he goes onto the internet and discovers a bizarre and obscure website with images of Corvine. He applies for the position of pharmacist, and finds that he begins to develop an acute monomania for the place. The appeal of the place is intense, and he hopes that soon he will get a reply from one of the staff before the dreams get any worse.

Byron Huxeley
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Roth Wolfe Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:25 pm

He seems splendid, if a little hungry and undernourished ; )
I say we give this a go! Others should have no problem joining in as the story evolves.

Roth Wolfe
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:33 pm

Hope this is okay. If you need me to change anything, let me know.

Name: Agatha Horton
A new inpatient: A senior in highschool, Agatha has started suffering from night terrors that leak into the daytime giving her visions of an inky lake and a menacing forest, so real that she feels like she is there. Also, she's started encountering shadow beings that no one else can see that taunt and plague her life. After having a few outbursts in school, church and out in public areas based on these waking nightmares, she is sent to Corvine to be treated for her paranoia and delusions. In a twist of fate, the places of her waking dreams are right outside the door, but instead of the visions fading, they become more frequent, sometimes meshing with reality.

Back to top Go down

Post by Byron Huxeley Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:45 pm

Thats perfect!!!! We are off to a gerat start! We alerady have two staff members and one patient! I will start with the first post right now then (I have been working on it) and we can get it underway the three of us! yay!

Byron Huxeley
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Roth Wolfe Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Yes Agatha looks like she will be great fun to work with. I can't wait until I meet her and Jullian at Corvine.

Roth Wolfe
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:50 pm

Indeed! I'm very excited to see you both in action.

Back to top Go down

Post by Byron Huxeley Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:56 pm

Wonderful! Ok I will make the first post now wich has within the general layout of Corvine. We should all be able to jump in after this. Cheers!

Byron Huxeley
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Roth Wolfe Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:42 pm

Nice work. Dr. Johannes is in the game! lol

Roth Wolfe
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:51 pm

I'll have mine up momentarily. Still working on it. ^^;

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:26 pm

Alright, posted, finally. Sorry for the wait. Um...I wrote a lot more than I had originally intended...

Back to top Go down

Post by Byron Huxeley Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:28 pm

thats WONDERFUL!

Byron Huxeley
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:52 am

Name: Ashlee (Ash) Jones
Inpatient: Not new to the Corvine Mental Institute, Ash has been there since she was thirteen years old. Suffering from schizophrenia and autophagia, Ash hasn't seen the outside world in over seven years. It first started with her schizophrenia, then the autophagia came next. She began to have the idea that her skin was to blame for her mental problems. These delusions came from the voices that she was hearing. At first, it was just scratches, then it became her biting chunks out of her once beautiful skin. Now, confined to a straight jacked, Ash sits in the corner of her room, rocking, trying to get the voices in her head to quiet down. Every day without her blood being shed the voices get louder, and angrier. They ask for more blood each time. A small part of her fears that she will soon kill herself for the voices. Whatever they demand, she delivers.
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Roth Wolfe Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:42 am

Welcome Ashlee!

Roth Wolfe
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Roth Wolfe Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:21 pm

Mate, no worries abot posting my critiqued post lol.. It just looks like you wrote it instead of me. Just delete your saying sorry hhahaha. Ill just not send them to you first. I know we want to keep a consisten story line, but if we worry too much we wont fully take off. Ill stick to letting you critique my outside or Rp witten works. Just dont accidentally post those!

Roth Wolfe
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Byron Huxeley Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:29 pm

Ok man! I can tell you know your stuff!I feel sorry for Agatha under your scrutiny!

Byron Huxeley
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spear-Face Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:27 am

Oh my! I seem to have stumbled upon a psychological gold mine.

I simply MUST join, if you're still accepting new patients. The voices doth verily proclaim it.

Name:
Shannon S. Anderfield III

Staff or inpatient: Inpatient

Why is the character at Corvine?:
Though an amiable lad by nature, Shannon always had the delightfully undelightful tendency to maim and/or kill things with sharp objects. But of course, it was never his fault. It was all the voice's doing! Or at least, that's what he always told himself. For the longest time, his victims were cats, dogs, and on occasion, his own arms and legs. However, just four years past, his parents were found unceremoniously crammed in a local porta-potty with seventy-six stab wounds between them. The murder weapon, as the Prosecution had been fond of pointing out, was jammed into his mother's eye socket, with Shannon's fingerprints all over it.

Though he still claims to have no memory of the incident, even going so far as to deny his involvement entirely, he has nonetheless been forced by the State to call Corvine home ever since.
Spear-Face
Spear-Face
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aya MacArthur Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:46 am

I"m back. Sorry for the delay in my activity.
Aya MacArthur
Aya MacArthur
Shadow
Shadow

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down