FOG: Footsteps of Ghosts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fated Request... or a Mere Mistake?

+4
Ragter the junior greeter
Fate Flyer
[Soma]
Ominous Flare
8 posters

Go down

A Fated Request... or a Mere Mistake? Empty A Fated Request... or a Mere Mistake?

Post by Ominous Flare Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:00 am

*inhales* Whoo. Okay.

So, anyway, initially, I wrote out a long introduction featuring an arrogant anchorman reporting my arrival (which I, thankfully, deleted due to its god-awful cheesiness), and then I wrote another intro-post in the format of an RP post (since this forum is an RP forum). Both fancy posts failed to relate information about me and my RP experience/style, so I am going to stop acting like Fluesopp, trying to come up with a spectacular intro-post, and just be myself.

I live in Singapore, am aged 19, am a Chinese with Hokkien ethnic, am not a very pious Christian to the point of questioning my own religion, and love the Digimon and Detective Conan anime pretty much my whole life.

I am currently studying in an ITE (Institute of Technical Education) College, Year One, with slightly poor attendance. However, right now, I am having my school holiday of 3 weeks, so that means I would have more time to RP and write.

The period when I began my experience of roleplaying is not clear to me, though I could say sometime between my age of 10 to 12, though most possibly not any later than that. I had been 'RP-ing' outside at the local library, using the computers there to participate in several Digimon RPs in a forum community called "The Digiport forums" (though it's now renamed as "The Digital Dive forums" [TDDF]). Only when I was 13 or 14, when I received a PC of my own did I start to RP at home. Boy, it was such a great time back then, a dream came true. However, it did not last long.

I am rather arrogant, self-righteous, self-centered, oversensitive, and easy to temper. There is some good in me that I display occasionally, but those flaws were what got me to this state today, here. When Fate Foretold invited me, it was over at a forum called the "RPG Forums Online", which I decided to be my permanent RP-home after yet another conflict in DDF caused by me arrogance and over-assumptive nature. I had been in conflict with TDPF/TDDF many times in the past, not to mention with many other forums as well, even the "Pixar Planet forums". Most of these conflicts arose due to my ego and distorted thinking. People (seemingly) insulting me, people (supposedly) being a smart-ass over me, they get it and... well, it did not bring me much good.

Though I could write that I could try and behave myself in this forum, I could only give you my words and nothing else. But, as long as you do not have any member that is too stuck-up or annoying in nature, you should have no problems with me.
Otherwise, I'll just wake up with this emoticon in my thread: Ban

Now, my RP style and experience. Most of the RPs I have been in are Digimon RPs, so I guess the 'preferred genre' here would be "Modern Sci-Fi Fantasy"-ish, though I do not really mind RPs of other genres. I love exploring worlds in RPs, as it not only challenge my writing skills, but it allows me to expand my imagination and apply aspects of those worlds in the most creative fashion, if not more creative than in other RPs. I have been RP-ing for a good amount of 5-6 years altogether, though there lies a time-gap between when I was 15 until now, when I stopped RPing for a while. Why is that? Because I get tired from writing very easily. If I don't have the 'mood' to write (which, most of the time, I don't), you won't find me writing excellently.

Which is why this intro-post ends here. Is it ironic that an attempt (lasting about three days) in making my intro-post as fanciful as Fluesopp's turned this post into nothing but a mediocre, 'last-minute-work' shoddy piece of crap? You bet it is. Neutral
Ominous Flare
Ominous Flare
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

A Fated Request... or a Mere Mistake? Empty Re: A Fated Request... or a Mere Mistake?

Post by [Soma] Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:20 am

Welcome, I didn't bother reading most of that,mostly skimmed through it.

I go to college also, i go to sierra college,I'm a first year also,I'm taking public speaking. It's a great class, but makes me want to die a little inside when i acutely need to make a commentary or informative speech.

I hope we meet in rp some time, but currently im in one rp that seems to take all my time. Well hope you have fun and also enjoy the next 15 replays you will get by tomorrow.

` [Soma]
[Soma]
[Soma]
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

A Fated Request... or a Mere Mistake? Empty Re: A Fated Request... or a Mere Mistake?

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:54 am

Hi there, Flare!

A Fated Request... or a Mere Mistake? WelcomeToFOG

Lol your original introduction sounded cute. Aww I'm glad though that you ultimately just decided to be yourself. That's usually the best route!

I love that you're a Digimon fan! Very Happy I am one myself. So, I must ask: who is your favorite Digimon? (Let's see... Mine's probably a tie between Patamon and Gabumon. <3)

Hey, it's really great at least that you can admit those things about yourself and that you aren't so foolish as to not even know who you are. I think being aware of our flaws is not only healthy, but it can also help us to learn to control whatever they are when we need to. Smile

I hope that you enjoy yourself here, Ominous Flare, and I look forward to seeing you around!

EDIT: Shocked Oh my God. I did one of my biggest pet peeves in this post. Lol I said "your" instead of "you're." Mad This is why I shouldn't type when I'm half asleep and just woke up haha.

Last edited by Fate Foretold on Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer
★ Administrator & FoG Mother ★

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominous Flare Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:14 am

Heh.

Thanks, Fate Foretold - for both the invitation and the compliments. Most members and administrators would merely post a simple welcome and forget about the newbie unless he/she makes an impressionable post later in the future. Guess the minimal amount of members in this forum makes the welcomes different... for now. Razz

Do note that I am an adequate writer, and that my first post does not represent any sloppiness of the writer side of me, even though I should had made a better first-impression... But, of course, this note is reaching out to those who might misunderstand only. I am sure Fate Foretold was quite confident of my writing skills already or she would not had sent me the invitation to this place of sanctuary for advanced writers and RPers in the first place. Wink

My favorite Digimon? Well, I am almost finished re-watching the entire Digimon Tamers series and have more love for this third season than the first or second one (though I did proclaim myself as being a forever fan of 'Adventure' and 'Adventure 02' before I was reminded of the awesomeness of 'Tamers'), so I would have to say that if I do have any favorite Digimon, it would probably be... Mhm... Nah! I still love 'Adventure's Agumon! XD

Well, seeing that the administrator herself is as friendly as it is, I believe I would have nothing to worry about in regards to having conflicts. ^^ I will be posting my first RP up in the near future. Till then, hope to see you around, too, Fate Foretold. Wink

~ Flare
Ominous Flare
Ominous Flare
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fate Flyer Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:35 am

I love to greet all you guys, as everyone here, brand new or old (as in, having been here since the beginning) is just as important. :] (I've always thought that it's unfair how, on some other boards, newbies are treated like they're less adequate, despite in some cases having role-played longer than the older members or are older - in age - than them, etc. We're all people! Anyway, I digress lol.)

I thought that your introduction was rather fantastic, and just as I saw on the RPG Forums, your writing is worth being proud of. Smile

Ahh, yes, I loved Digimon Tamers a lot, too. (My favorite season is probably the first though, but season three is awfully close.) Lol! Aw, that was an awesome thought process! Yeah, Agumon rules! ^^

That's sweet of you. *smiles* Thanks!
Fate Flyer
Fate Flyer

Female

http://trynethetimetraveler.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:15 pm

Fate, I take it back about that Mad smiley, about what I said in that smiley thread. You just used it, after all...

Anyways, greetings and welcome to Foggiest Oats in Florida, where we make the most foggiest and soggiest oats in all the lands! All we do is talk about oats, eat oats, make recipes with oats, and of course, RP about oats!

Welcome and enjoy your splenderdupous time here! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

*goes to eat more sugar*
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominous Flare Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:58 pm

Haha, thanks, Ragter the junior greeter. Go Oats...? lol!

~ Flare
Ominous Flare
Ominous Flare
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalon Ordona II Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:12 pm

I love how all the people who think they're not so great as writers are the ones that make these monster introductions. XD

I read the whole thing, Omi. :: pats :: ^_^

Welcome, yes indeedy... to the FOG!! Coolio
Enjoy the swirly mists! You'll meet all kinds around here. cheers
Kalon Ordona II
Kalon Ordona II
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Male

http://www.elfwood.com/~linkallon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominous Flare Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:17 pm

Kalon Ordona II wrote:You'll meet all kinds around here.
Heh, I'm sure I will! Very Happy

And thanks for reading the whole of first post! I wasn't exactly in a 'writer mood' when I posted that, so don't mind its somewhat shoddiness. Aww

~ Flare
Ominous Flare
Ominous Flare
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragter the junior greeter Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:17 pm

[shameless plug to look cool]Just so you know, I read all of it too.[/shameless plug to look cool]
Ghost
Ghost

Male

http://www.google.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Igraine Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:10 am

Well it's wonderful to have you, Flare, no matter how many tries it took for you to finally post a "hello." Welcome to FOG, and please do make yourself right at home. Wave
Igraine
Igraine
Apparition
Apparition

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:55 am

Aww. Don't worry about the amount of attempts. I actually worked on my introduction thread in a Word file for a while until I deemed it worthy.

Welcome to FoG, btw! Despite what you may believe, for we are all our own worst critics, your introduction post was enjoyable- at least to me. You don't need to have amazing flare- pun totally not intended- to present a worthy introduction. Sometimes being oneself is all that truly matters.

I'm not sure how well we'll get along because we seem to be very similar in some key points in our personalities, and I'm sure you'll be offended quite often by my sardonic humor- just ask Ragter. I will assure you now that I honestly mean no true offense when I crack a painfully rude joke... I was raised this way. ^o_o^

Enjoy your stay! ^^_^^;;

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ominous Flare Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:01 am

lol Thanks, Kathryn Lacey. Hm, it seems that your name bears some familiarity to me. By chance, do you enjoy the Digimon anime series?

Oh, and don't worry about your humor being possibly offensive to me, Kathryn - I have probably seen worse attitudes coming from even the 'decent' forums, actually. But, I guess you could try not to be too blunt with me, or at least drop a little warning before you do so... because I am quite a monster when bluntness occurred to me as rudeness. Twisted Evil

Ahem. Smile And that is my sense of humor. Laughing

~ Flare
Ominous Flare
Ominous Flare
Shadow
Shadow

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Lacey Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:11 am

Um... Nope... I was never actually to get into the Digimon series. My screen name is actually my first and middle names, and I have never had trouble with someone else having already taken it when I make accounts on places, so I don't know why it would be familiar to you. If you discover the reason, please enlighten me! I'm very interested in learning why.

Hrm... That's exactly where the difficulty will be. Those who know me well enough on this forum know that I am incredibly blunt to a fault. It does border on rudeness though I don't intend for it to be that way. I just like to be honest, and I've learned many people would rather have something sugar coated in a white lie than suffer the brutality of the truth. It's quite sad, really. Anyway, I will do my best to give you a warning, but I'm sure in time you'll learn that no warning is necessary as my everyday self is blunt ninety percent of the time. ^^_^^;;

Kathryn Lacey
★ Administrator ★
★ Administrator ★

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dio the Awesome Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:13 pm

*Wakes up after his weekend coma*

Dear me, sorry for this late (however still epic) intro. Due to certain events, (the greatest being a hangover [lol, jk jk]), this intro will be presented in Mime.

*Moves his hands on top of his head, and sticks out his tongue*
*Turns to the left, and looks surprised, throwing his hands into the air, tongue still hanging out*
*Runs in a quick circle, then starts to flap his arms*
*Tries to hop on one foot, then tries to hop on no feet*
*Falls to the ground and smacks chin on pavement, biting off his own tongue*
*Rolls on the ground, holding his mouth in pain*
*Recovers his composure*
*Makes a welcoming motion*
*Gestures to the nearby plank of wood*

(Translation: I am being a goof, oh God it hurts, welcome to the boards!)
Dio the Awesome
Dio the Awesome
Ghost
Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down